Everyone has to get older at some point in their lives. It is a natural phase every person in the world has to go through, which kind of makes it sad since they would all have to slowly feel the effects of aging. The human skin is one of the most vulnerable and open parts of the body, and people can easily distinguish if a man is actually going through the maturation process. Aging would lead to people actually seeing blemishes, spots and even wrinkles on their skin. Because of this, they would search for ways to reverse the aging process or, at the very least, slow it down. Below are 5 major causes of wrinkling of the skin:
1. Lack of proper moisture is one cause. When a person ages, the skin would find it difficult to hold enough water due to the turnover of cells on the epidermis. Apart from that, lesser hyaluronic acid is produced. Therefore, wrinkling starts to appear. However, this is something which can be treated to great effect with the help of a good moisturizing agent.
2. UV Radiation is another cause of wrinkling on the skin. This is mostly evidenced by direct and prolonged exposure to sunlight. The rays of the sun actually contribute to the production and formation of free radicals which can then cause such huge damage to the cellular regeneration of the skin. In order to remedy this concern, one has to wear sunscreen when out at the beach or even just going out and about down the street. Either that, or they would have to make use of anti-wrinkle creams containing antioxidants which can moisturize the skin effectively.
3. There are certainly a lot of people who smoke cigarettes in order to cope with stress. However, what they don’t realize is that smoking can lead to rapid aging of the skin. It simply breaks down the collagen which is responsible for providing proteins to the skin. Therefore, it would be vital for someone to stop smoking, since utilizing collagen creams can only do so much. These creams would just be applied on the epidermis and never really penetrate through the skin.
4. The world is filled with a lot of pollutants, and being exposed to these can contribute to the aging of one’s skin. Free radicals are formed due to exposure from fumes, industrial smoke and bacteria which roams around in the air we breathe. Of course, it would be rather unrealistic to go for an environmental clean-up project, considering many people pollute the environment on a daily basis. The only way to avoid getting affected by these free radicals is by staying away from polluted environments as much as possible.
5. Genetics plays a big role in the wrinkling of skin. It can be hereditary, passed down from previous generations.
These are the top 5 causes of wrinkles appearing on the skin. Knowing these causes along with the most effective solutions for each can help an individual slow down signs of aging.