Why of course! Not having sex does not entail health risks. You can use this phase in your life to enjoy being single and closer to yourself. Many people, both men and women, get worried when, after enjoying years of having an active sex life, suddenly become single. Truth is, there are so many romantic relationships existing that do not involve having sex. As long as you and your partner are comfortable and are in agreement in this setup, there is absolutely nothing wrong about it.
If you are still having doubts or have concerns about being “a virgin” again, then here are a few things you need to do:
- Talk to your doctor. Your doctor or ob gynecologist will be more than happy to answer any of your sex issues and questions. If you have been feeling signs of illness, let it be known so you would be clarified if it’s normal or you will be needing treatments. Don’t hide anything. Sometimes, personal questions will help your doctors to pinpoint the real problem.
- Spend time with family and friends. If you have been holing up in your room, go out for some sunshine! Over-analyzing reasons why your past relationship did not work will go nowhere near a new and revitalized you. Spend time with people close to you and you will realize how much you have been missing. Enjoy a good laugh or two.
- Enjoy a new hobby. A new hobby gives you new passions. This will take your thoughts away momentarily from your sex blues. A new hobby will even make you meet new people and will widen your circle of friends.
- Go out on a date. This one will be tricky. But if you have met a very nice person and would want to go out on a date, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t. However, it’s the same as saying that just because you haven’t been on a date or relationship for the longest time, do not jump on the first person you met the moment you leave your house. In short, go out on a date when it feels right.
- Be ready. When the time finally comes that you’re ready to take on a new relationship, look forward for good sex. This will help you not to become too jaded or cynical about relationships. Each person is unique and so are relationships. When you meet someone new, be ready to be surprised and stop comparing it to your last relationships. Being ready is more than just being ready for the sex. You must be ready about your differences, issues and more importantly, the new love and passion you will be enjoying.
Not having sex does not make any difference or make you a different person. It’s okay to miss your very active sex life. However, a healthy lifestyle involves loving yourself and accepting yourself even if you currently do not have a partner. And be patient — romance usually just lurks in a corner. You will be looking forward for an active sex life once again, soon.