Have you ever felt like you are getting lazy to do things lately? Do you suffer from any back pain, muscle discomfort and breathing problems? Are you satisfied with the figure that you have right now? Take a deep breath and ask yourself if you exercise regularly. Exercise is one of the many important things that people take for granted. In this busy world, time controls people when it should be the other way around. They no longer recognize the importance of exercise in their daily lives and they rather set it aside and concentrate on some “more important things” that are worthy of their time like work and personal problems. But, this should never be the case. Exercise is vital to keep you physically fit and healthy.
People always love making excuses. Sometimes you notice that a friend of yours is becoming unhealthy lately and you ask her if she is taking care of herself and she hesitates to respond and rather not talk about it. In your mind you really feel like she needs to do some exercise because it is either she is getting fat or you notice that her lifestyle is becoming intolerable like only sleep and eat and the cycle continues. Sometimes people also ask you if you do exercise but you always make the habit of excusing yourself by saying that you do not have time for it and would think about doing it later.
But why is exercise really important? The answers are enumerated as follows:
- Protects you from certain diseases like stroke, heart problems, diabetes, back ache and high blood pressure
- Promotes weight management
- Relaxes your mood
- Aids in managing stress
- Increases self esteem
- Strengthens your muscles and improves stamina and resistance
- Promotes positive physical and psychological well being
- Boosts immune system
- Delays ageing
- Strengthens bones and joints
- Reduces chances of anxiety and depression
- Helps the elderly improve gait and coordination
- Making lifestyle changes may be very difficult at first but if you really care about your health then the perfect time to do so is now. You may also find it hard to begin especially when you are not used to doing any physical activity so it is best to start with the less strenuous ones and increase the level of intensity as you try to keep up with your pace. It may also be a good idea to hire a personal trainer so that there would be somebody to monitor the improvements you are making and what needs to be changed.
Someday, you will thank yourself for exercising regularly. It is important in order to achieve the benefits that you have always wanted. Take time to engage yourself in any form of physical activity that you like may it be walking, jogging or swimming. After all, a daily dose of exercise for thirty to forty five minutes is worth your time and effort. There is no excuse to setting it aside as health is vital in any aspect and it can also keep you fit and attractive.